Sunday, July 29, 2012

Info On The Riva/KISS Line



My jealousy of everyone who got to attend the RWA Conference in Anaheim has almost come to an end (though the sting may last for a while) and as you can tell my plans to Blog every day while it was on haven't been going so well. Personally I blame a combination of book deadline and the Olympics but with any luck next year I'll Blog & Tweet live from Atlanta!

Anyhoo, for those who might have missed it, on Friday Harlequin held a Spotlight to tell us about their plans for the next year. Among the snippets of news about revamped covers, changing word-counts and new lines coming our way were details of Riva-the line I currently write for-and it's new counterpart in the USA and Canada, KISS, which will launch in February 2013.

Described as fun, contemporary, sassy romances with 21st century heroes and differing levels of explicitness, the books will relaunch in the UK in October with the brand new covers you can see here. 

The EHarlequin website has this to say:

KISS is sharply contemporary, glossy and chic, attracting readers who enjoy a short hit of romantic excitement with a thoroughly modern twist! Smart and stylish, sweet or sexy, these stories offer fun, flirty reads featuring smart, sassy heroines, equally matched by 21st century alpha heroes!

Key Elements
  • Contemporary romance series with a range of sensuality – we're looking for authors who can convey that young urban feel with sparkling characters and simmering tension - either with or without the hot sex!
  • This series is all about the 21st century alpha male hero!
  • Vibrant, sexy, spirited, fun – but still offering a strong emotional pay off and happy ever after.
  • 50,000 words
Featured in KISS:

Sparky, spirited heroines in control of their own destinies and with friends to help them through – these ladies are more than a match for their men.

Flirty, cheeky, alpha heroes, who expect their partners to be their equals - these guys are absolutely irresistible!

KISS is: all around you! Just look out for edgy, modern-day characters, sometimes struggling, sometimes knocked sideways by love, but finding their happy endings with plenty of laughter and attitude along the way…
  • TV: Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Betty, New Girl for their fab, witty dialogue
  • Films: What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bridesmaids, 500 Days of Summer, 27 Dresses, No Strings Attached, The Holiday, Friends With Kids, Crazy Stupid Love.
  • Authors: if you enjoy authors such as Kristin Higgins, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Tasmina Perry, Jennifer Cruisie or Meg Cabot you'll love KISS!

What this means for me is after the release of New York's Finest Rebel in the Harlequin Romance line next month, my books will (from February 2013 onwards) be available in Kiss. I don't have any of the release dates for either the UK or USA yet but you can rest assurred that when I do I shall be pimping the books putting up the details on my website.

If you're a writer THEY'RE LOOKING FOR BOOKS. I believe the term used at the Spotlight was 'actively acquiring'. So what are you waiting for?

If you're a reader what do you think of the covers? Are you looking forward to seeing what the line brings in the next year?

Usual weekly blog service will now resume. See you soon gang!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I love the covers...they look very chic-lit-esque. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I do have a flirty idea brewing...

Trish Wylie said...

Go for it Marcy!

Janet said...

Hi Trish,

I love those new covers.

Are you having to make any changes in your writing to fit the KISS reqirements ? (I'm guessing the answer is no, because all your books so far fit the new guidelines beautifully, butjust thought I'd check. I tend to use your books as guide--especially the sparky spirited heroines.)

jbiggar said...

Love the new covers, I think this new line should be a hit. So many of us are e-readers now that I think a good cover is more important than ever, makes you stop and look twice at the book, though your name aught to do that! ( G).

Trish Wylie said...

Hi Janet :)

No changes to my writing at all I'm more than happy to say. If anything I feel liberated. I'll throw lines in which I'm convinced will be edited out but each and every one of them have remained in the final copy. It really does feel like I've found my 'home' here so fingers crossed the line does well!

And THANK YOU for the comment about my heroines! I've been working really hard on trying to keep them sparky and spirited so I'm chuffed to bits you see them that way. :)

Trish Wylie said...

Hi Jacquie!

What a lovely thing to say about my name! Can I hire you for PR? ;) I'm really hoping readers will like the covers and try the line if they haven't already. T'will all come down to the numbers in the end so its success or failure really does ride on how well the line is accepted. Again-fingers crossed! I know right now I'm telling the kind of stories I enjoy reading and as an author I don't think you can ask for more than that...